5 Stories of Don Young Crazy
The Washington Post got 30mins with Alaska’s lone Congressman, Don Young. As anyone familiar with Young can tell you – it was going to be interesting. The conversation ranged from the time he scolded a “good looking blonde” Congresswoman for sitting in his chair to getting Pres. Bush to get a cigar for him. You can check out the full interview at WashingtonPost.com – it’s worth a watch (just have a bottle of something handy).
The interview got me thinking though. What are the most ‘incredible’ (read: ridiculous) stories from Don Young’s never ending political run. He’s said and done some insane things – even for Alaskan politico’s and yet he continues on being our Congressman (it’s helpful that the Democrats don’t really bother to run anyone against him of course). So here’s our 5 favorite. If you’ve got your own Young-ian story please share it in the comments… we’d love to read them.
1. The time he said his family had 50-60 “wetbacks.”
2. That one time he talked about the Roman Empire and Hitler at the Federal Overreach Summit.
3. Wherein he wore a beanie with a propellor at an environmental hearing to make a statement about the absurdity of wind power.
4. That time he signed a declaration calling for insurrection against the US government written by domestic terrorist and felon Schaeffer Cox.
5. Those awkward moments when he said some interesting things to school kids in Alaska.
OBVIOUSLY we’re missing a ton of them… it’s Don Young we’re talking about. But which ones do you think the rest of the country needs to remember? Do you have your own story of running into Congressman Young at Ted Stevens International Airport? Or maybe you’re a whistleblower who has some awesome files you want to send us about good old Don Young?
You can shoot me an e-mail me here (secure).